The Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation is responsible for the development and implementation of the state policies and legal regulation in the following areas:
- Information technologies (including the usage of information technologies in building public information resources and providing access to them);
- Telecommunications (including radio spectrum usage and conversion) and postal services;
- Mass communications and media, including digital media (in particular development of Internet, TV (including digital) and radio broadcasting as well as state support for new technologies in these areas);
- Press, publishing and polygraphy;
- Personal data processing.
In the process of carrying its international activities in the field of communications the Ministry acts both as a postal and communications administration of the Russian Federation.
The Ministry also coordinates and monitors the activities of its subordinate bodies, namely Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications; the Federal Communications Agency and the Federal Agency for Press and Mass Communications.